Thursday, June 24, 2010

TOMORROW'S FRIEND DISCOGRAPHY




This might be one of the only good things that came from being a music director at a college radio station.

Most of the job entailed promoters asking you "why didn't (insert random indie bullshit release) chart in your top 30? Well I won't send you (another random bullshit hipster scum band)'s new album". Oh no.

But every once in a while you get to deal with someone rad. Amanda Colbenson of Chouette Shop is an example. She introduced me to a band that had a serious effect on me.

Tomorrow's Friend is that band. The first I heard was the "Banging Everything in Sight" 7". Blew my mind. Next was the "Some Days Yes, Some Days More Than Yes" CD. I recommed downloading their discography .

Lo-fi music at it's best. Insanely catchy and under produced. This is underground music at it's best.

No comments:

Post a Comment